What is i-Maths?
i-Maths is an early enrichment program for young children between 3 to 7 years which helps children to prepare for school and academics.
i-Maths helps children understand complex math concepts in a very simple and fun way, children perceive and start recognizing the math around them in the real world.
i-Maths, a division of UCMAS, started its operations in Malaysia since 200 and is currently running in 17 countries.
How does it help children?
The hands-on learning method in i-Maths help children experience and understand math, building a strong foundation at early learning years.
i-Maths help children to
- Improve motor skills
- Understand abstract concept of math with concrete material and manipulatives
- Develop number sense
- Understand math language and improve on problem solving
- Enhance observation and creative thinking skills
- Improve spacial sense
- Improve CQ (Creative Quotient)
- Improve IQ (Intelligent Quotient)
- Develop analytical and critical thinking
i-Maths Methods of Teaching
i-Maths follows the tri lateral method of introducing a concept
Introduction of a concept through i-Maths
- CONCRETE METHOD
- 3D learning tools focused on hands on learning, encouraging experimental learning
- SEMI-ABSTRACT METHOD
- 2D charts, visual charts representing the flow and charts which helps better understanding and develops the aptitude and skills
- ABSTRACT METHODS
- Activity books used to apply and evaluate the concepts taught
i-Maths encourages multiple solution
i-Maths program is built around taking a child through different learning experience using different approaches.
i-Maths & School Curriculum
i-Maths is based on Canadian curriculum designed to make math fun and enjoyable in a very systematic way. i-Maths cover the various curriculum topics in arithmetic, algebra and geometry. Few of the topics covered in i-Maths aligned to North American Curriculum (Elementary Schools)
- Spatial Sense
- Shapes 2D & 3D
- Data & Graphs
- Venn Diagram
- Spatial Sense